Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Ashe Barker's A Scandalous Arrangement will have you gasping for more!



I'm excited to have Ashe Barker visiting me today, discussing her tantalizing, new historical erotic romance! I love historical romance and I did indeed gasp in shock when I learned the terms of Adam and Victoria's arrangement.

Hi Aubrey, and thank you for inviting me over today to share a little about my latest release, A Scandalous Arrangement

The story is set in Victorian England, the age of industrial advances and new inventions. Scientific discoveries were being made all the time, and new inventions made everyday life easier, safer, cleaner. Medicine was making fabulous advances, but I’ve always thought far more lives were saved by 19th century engineers who build sewers that worked, and brought clean drinking water into the towns. The Victorians knew what they were about.

Both Adam Luke and Victoria Wynne were entrepreneurs and ahead of their time. He invests in the new-fangled telephone company when other business associates hesitate, she insists on educating the daughters of her factory workers. Together they make a formidable team, and forge a most scandalous arrangement.

And now, an excerpt from A Scandalous Arrangement. Victoria has just laid out her own terms for their agreement.
 
Adam chuckled, a rich, soft sound which caused something to twist and clench somewhere deep within her. He leaned forward and reached for her hand across the desk.
"Victoria, I am not refusing you. But a child, an heir, especially outside of marriage, is a considerable undertaking. Unheard of in my experience. I simply wish to be sure that you have considered this with all the care it requires. Your business associates might eventually find it possible to pretend you are not a fallen woman, or at least not speak of it in your presence. There would be a great deal of talk though, certainly at first. Are you ready for that? Is your family ready?"
"I am, and my family will support me. You are a man of property, you must have some inkling of why this is so important to me."
"I do, but I need you to understand that I did mean what I said, when first we discussed such an eventuality. I will acknowledge any offspring we may create together. There will be no legal agreement saying otherwise, although I have no intention of offering you marriage. If you are quite convinced that you would welcome a child and wish to raise your heir alone, then I see no reason to thwart your ambitions. I will do nothing to impede your hopes. If it should happen, I will be the first to offer my congratulations."
"I do not wish to marry you either, Mr Luke. I believe I made that perfectly clear."
"You did, and I am relieved."
"So, you agree to my terms then?"
He met her eyes, and held her gaze as though searching for some inner truth. Perhaps he found it, because at last he inclined his head in a slow nod. "I do, if this is what you truly want."
"Thank you. Oh, thank you." She knew she was beaming, a silly joyous grin plastered across her face, but she could not help it. Her dream was coming true. It really, really was. She stood, and on impulse threw her arms around his neck.
He closed his arms around her, his hands on her bottom. He squeezed, reminding her of last night's events in her library. Victoria winced.
"Still sore?" He nuzzled her neck, murmuring the words into her ear.
"Yes, but it's fine."
"Is it? I know I hurt you, shocked you a little."
"More than a little, but I am quite recovered now. Apart from the bruises, of course."
"Of course. And after your spanking, how do you feel this morning about what happened next?"
Victoria stepped away to look up at him. She did not feign any confusion as to his meaning. "I feel perfectly wonderful, Mr Luke. Adam."
He smiled. "Then I believe we have a deal, Miss Wynne. Victoria."
He held out his hand, and Victoria took it. "We do."



After a foolish wager costs her brother ownership of the weaving mill in Yorkshire which provides her income, Victoria Wynne is left with no choice but to confront the man who took the bet and seek to dissuade him from claiming his prize. Unfortunately for her, that man turns out to be Adam Luke, an experienced, ambitious entrepreneur who is intent on keeping what he won.

Upon meeting her, Adam is enchanted by Victoria’s beauty and charm as well as her nerve and self-reliance. Adam is a man of singular tastes, and when Victoria asks to manage the mill in return for a share of the profits, he offers her a bold proposal of his own. She will continue to run the mill as she has for years, but in return for a substantially larger portion of the profits she will also serve at his beck and call behind closed doors, submitting to him in any way he desires.

Wanting to earn enough money to buy back the mill as quickly as possible—and with some part of her shamefully aroused by the thought of kneeling naked at Adam’s feet—Victoria accepts his terms. But submission initially proves difficult for a woman used to running her own affairs, and soon enough she finds herself bare-bottomed over his knee for a firm lesson in obedience.

Adam’s plans for Victoria run much deeper than just an occasional spanking. She will be stripped naked, bound, and teased until she is aching for release, and then at last he will take her long and hard. As Adam continues to train her, teaching her to yield to his mastery while bringing her more pleasure than she ever thought possible, Victoria cannot help falling for him. But can a lifelong bond truly emerge from such a scandalous arrangement?


Publisher’s Note: A Scandalous Arrangement is an erotic romance novel that includes spankings, sexual scenes, anal play, elements of BDSM, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.

 BUY LINKS





More about Ashe:


I’ve been an avid reader of fiction for many years, erotic and other genres. I still love reading, the hotter the better. But now I have a good excuse for my guilty pleasure – research.
I tend to draw on my own experience to lend colour, detail and realism to my plots and characters. An incident here, a chance remark there, a bizarre event or quirky character, any of these can spark a story idea.

When not writing – which is not very often these days - my time is divided between my role as resident taxi driver for my teenage daughter, and caring for a menagerie of dogs, rabbits, tortoises.  And a very grumpy cockatiel. 

I have twenty four (at the last count) titles on general release with publishers on both sides of the Atlantic, and I have several more in the pipeline. All my books feature BDSM. I write explicit stories, always hot, but they offer far more than just sizzling sex. I like to read about complex characters, and compelling plots, so that’s what I write too. Strong, demanding Doms are a given, often paired with new submissives who have a lot to learn.

I have a pile of story ideas still to work through, and keep thinking of new ones at the most unlikely moments, so you can expect to see a lot more from me.

I love to hear from readers. You can find me on my blog, and on the Totally Bound site. I’m on Facebook, and twitter and now on Tsu as well. I’m on Pinterest too, and Goodreads




No comments:

Post a Comment