Sunday, August 3, 2014

Crashing The Net

I just read Crashing The Net by Samantha Wayland, and I loved it. Not that I'm surprised. Samantha Wayland is fast becoming one of my all time favorite go-to authors. She has six books out, including this one, and I can happily recommend any, and all of them. She has some of the best gay and bi-sexual heroes along with awesome possum, toe curling, chemistry between her characters. This book happens to be a M/m erotica that had me wishing I had a prostate. If this book had a face, I would want to ride it.

Yep, I just put that out there.

Amz 

Crashing The Net by Samantha Wayland

Mike comes to Moncton wanting nothing more than to play for the Ice Cats and finally live on his own terms. He's broke, bruised, and covered from head to toe in cheap lube, but he isn't going to let that stop him. All he needs is a place to live and some time to figure out how to reconcile who he really is with who everyone wants him to be.  
Dumping three gallons of lube on the new kid is just another day at the office for Alexei. He knows exactly who is he is: a goalie on the ice, a prankster in the locker room, and a man who knows better than to share his private life with anyone. He's let people in before and it's taught him that if he can't have what he really wants, it's better to be alone.  
Despite their apparent differences, an unlikely friendship grows. Neither of them could ever have guessed how much they really have in common.

Mike is young and super vulnerable. He's not out as a gay man and he's feeling pretty secluded. He has an awesome friend in older, wiser Alexei, but he also has a massive crush on the guy too. Alexei has a major hard-on for Mike from the moment he's sees him, but he's got it locked down. While he's completely drawn to Mike, and takes him under his wing   wishing the kid would lose his sad lost look    Alexei  knows better than to develop those kind of feelings for a strait twenty-two year old.

That is, until Mike makes his big confession. Then all bets are off.

Alexei is a top. He's a controller in the bedroom, and he likes it rough. Who doesn't appreciate that? Mike appreciated it a ton. I know I sure did. I wanted Alexei to bite and spank my bottom, too. He's a hero I could get behind, or under   however he'd like it. While the sex is vaguely bdsm, I wouldn't call it an overt D/s book. The topping and naughty play is not too much more than what's present in any other book Samantha Wayland has written. And there is no actual bondage.

A reviewer poo pooed the book because of the bdsm in it. After I read the book I was scratching my head. There is mild kink in this book. Mild kink with a capital MILD. Anyone who is actually looking for spanking and bondage will not find a lot of that in this book. Anyone that isn't into that kind of play would be....Well, I'm sorry... I don't know. What's that like? Is it weird?

Anyways, I loved the story. There are some editing misses. Minuscule really. They weren't anything that distracted from my over all love for this story, and I refuse to punish the book for them. Five stars all the way for me.

P.S. If you've read The Hat Trick series you've met Mike and Alexei before, but since this book is three years prior to those books, it is a standalone.


Three Cheers For Samantha Wayland!!!



For more from Samantha Wayland, please visit her @ http://www.samanthawayland.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment