Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Kind Of Wholesome

I just finished a book that I adored. It was a recommend and I'm sorry to say I can't remember who. I believe it was an author, (Eloisa James, maybe), who posted it on her FB feed as a book that she loved. It's not an erotica, but I loved it enough to had to share.


Apples Should Be Red by Penny Watson

86 pages

Recipe for Thanksgiving Dinner: 
Start with a 62 year old politically incorrect, chain-smoking, hard-cussing curmudgeon.  
Add 59 sexually repressed know-it-all in pearls. 
Throw in a beer can-turkey, a battle for horticultural supremacy, and a nudist next-door neighbor. 
Serve on paper plates, garnished with garden gnome. 
Tastes like happily ever after.  
This is an over-fifty romantic comedy novella that is wholesome in an unwholesome way. I adored this book. It's like Clint Eastwood's character, from the movie Grand Torino, got his own love story. I love rude old men. They cut through the bullshit and say what they mean, but don't always mean what they say. Apples Should Be Red was delightfully entertaining, and deep in unexpected ways. This story was funny, touching, and a little hot. I'm always impressed and appreciate when an over-fifty book can turn me on. It makes me feel better about aging. 

Thank You Penny Watson

For more on Penny Watson please visit her @ http://pennywatsonbooks.com/applesshouldbered.htm

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Aubrey - this sounds wonderful. Just got a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! There needs to be more middle to late aged romances. :)

      Delete