Sunday, August 10, 2014

Attack Of The Freebies

You may have noticed your FB newsfeed being inundated with books available for free right now. There are so many, it may be hard to choose. I snatched up the books with catchy warning labels. These are the books I've read so far, and how I feel about them:


            Amazon

Catchy Warning Label; **Warning: this book is full of mind-blowing sex, spanking, and dirty words. Proceed at your own risk-- spare panties may be required.**

I give this book a resounding MEH. With 104 five star reviews it's worth checking out, but don't be surprised if --like me--you are disappointed. While I was shocked and entertained, by the end of this 82 page cliffhanger my panties were underwhelmingly dry. The anti-hero Vaughn was just too much of a douche for me to really enjoy the sex. This book is full of sex, only one spanking, and tons of dirty words-- that I was really not impressed with. I would love to know what happens in books 2-4, but I'm waffling on whether or not I'll buy them.

             Amazon

Catchy Warning Label; **Warning: a bad-boy hero who's good with his hands, a heroine who's trying to be good. Contains liberal consumption of Scotch-whiskey, a Highland Games competition, men in kilts wielding large poles, and a potential Sarah McLaughlin of the non-musical kind.

I give this book TWO THUMBS way UP. It's a romance with some steam. This one actually made my panties damper than the uber-sex, Seduction book. It's book one in the McLaughlin series. Each book covers a McLaughlin sibling. I happily bought, and read, the next two books. The only thing that would have made these books better is spanking.

Really, when are we going to start enforcing a one spanking minimum on romances? All I'm saying is, if armpit hair selfies can be a trending thing, so can spanking in plain romances.


           Amazon

Plain Warning Label (but intriguing nonetheless); Warning:....Ends on a cliffhanger, Contains M/F/M and M/M loving. The story is told from three different POV's. Written in British English. Graphic descriptions, sexual situations and strong language. <----I would like to add it's a paranormal vampire book. That little fact doesn't become known until chapter three. So it's a British, quasi-new adult, rockband, mmf, paranormal vampire book. And yes, it's as exhausting to read as it sounds.

I give this book a WHY? As in; why would a writer go back and tell each chapter from each characters POV? It's so effing redundant. Not to mention, many of those recaps were just going through the motions, and lacked the emotional integrity I believe the author was trying to convey by doing this whole cacamayme chapter recap thing. I've read many stories told first person, mulit-POV's, that kept the flow and really showcased the emotional state of each character. I'm sad this wasn't one of them.

I wanted to like this book really badly. By chapter thirteen I wanted to bang my head against a hard surface.

I would love to know what happens to these characters. I'm assuming they all have dirty hot three-way sex, fall in love, and live happily ever after. I'm going to have to keep on assuming that, because I just can't keep reading the same chapter over and over, like a bad teenage girl's wet dream version of Ground Hogs Day.

27 of the 53 reviews on Amazon are five star. Those readers obviously have more patients than I do. Read at your own discretion.

           Kit Rocha

Okay, no real warning label. This is the first 145 pages. A free preview. This book is being loaded onto e-retail sites right now. But if you need 145 pages to get beyond addicted (pun intended) click on the Kit Rocha link then download the Beyond Addiction Preview link on the author page. Their PDF file jives with Kindle.

Freebies (still free) I have yet to read:




The Hazards of Skinny Dipping 
Amazon


A Night Of Misbehaving 
Amazon


Teach Me Love
Amazon


Pick Me
Amazon


Scientific Method
Amazon

**If you've read a good freebie that is still free or on sale, please share!!!**\

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment