Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Atonement To Sister Katherine



Have you ever been so uninterested in a book you want nothing to do with it but some force in the universe compels you to read it anyways? Then you read it and it's so good that it blows you out of the water to sit momentarily stunned on the shores of your mind?

Sister Katherine by Tracy St. John was that book for me. I had no desire to read this book at all.

I know!


I would like to atone for my momentary insanity so let me explain. 

First I loved Alien Conquest and I had a feeling Sister Katherine was going to be the opposite side of the coin to that story, which I wasn't excited about at all. Second the only thing I hate more than a naive prissy virgin is a pious naive prissy virgin surrounded by understanding 'hands off' heroes. Gag me with a spoon. 




So yeah, I had some preconceived notions. The thing is I'm a dedicated FoK, heart and soul, so I had to read it if only for a glimpse of my book boyfriends Lidon, Tranis and Degorsk. 

My fellow FoKs, if you even thought for a second about not reading this book run, don't walk, to obtain and devour a copy of this book. 

Some of this I put in my review on Amazon but I believe it's worth repeating and in more depth. 

Yes, Katherine is an extremely naive virgin, uneducated about sex as well as many of the intimate workings of her body, and also extremely religious, but I was pleasantly surprised that it never went so over the top to be obnoxious. 

I was prepared to be completely annoyed with Katherine. I also expected to be frustrated with Clan Simdow, but while tentative and understanding they are always gently coaxing Katherine into making this book the scorching erotic fiction Tracy St. John fan's adore.

There is more 'considerate love making' in this book than any other Kalquor story but damn, it's some of the hottest fucking 'considerate love making' I've read. There is plenty of the not so considerate loving also. So. Damn. HOT.

I'm not sure how Tracy St. John didn't go cross eyed from writing this book. 

Sister Katherine is a slow burn that goes from stroking the embers to pantie melting raging inferno. This character driven story builds up to blazing hot love scenes that blend seamlessly with the emotionally charged space conflict and turmoil on Earth. Sister Katherine takes us past the devastation that happens at the end of Alien Conquest to the new reality for the aspirants or young charges of the convent. 

Sister Katherine is engaging as well as an emotionally moving story. I teared up quite a few time through the second half of this story.

I could hardly put this book down and ended up staying up till 3am to finish it. I can't drink caffeine and I have an early riser. I usually don't stay up past midnight for anything. I could not put it down. 

Hands down my favorite book Tracy St. John has put out this year and that includes the re-release Alien Embrace.  It's officially in my top five favorite Kalquor stories. Yep, I think Sister Katherine is that good.

349 pages clear your schedule

Warning: Mild BDSM, captive sex/forced seduction (doesn't seem forced at any point), anal play/intercourse, bondage, Dom/sub play, and of course multiple sex partners, (m/f/m/m) 

For more on Tracy St. John and her Clans of Kalquor please visit her @ http://www.tracystjohn.blogspot.com/

Thank You Tracy St. John!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment