Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Super Read-A-Thon

Only 17 books and two box sets to go!


Okay, so my life is a read-a-thon, but this month is different! 

I'm having a no buy month. That's right. I'm not buying any books for the month of June.

Alright, so I may have caved, twice, but they were both under $2.00. I don't usually advocate not buying books, but I had over 32 books in my TBR and two of them are box sets with at least four stories a piece in them.

I needed to stop buying and start dwindling down the spur of the moment 'on sale now' buys, historical romances  (I just hadn't been in the mood for), and those free for all freebies.

Those freebies are addictive but at least I'm discriminate with them. I rarely download a freebie just because it's free. The premise has to interest me and if it's short, all the better.

I'm not a big novella person and I don't usually buy anything under 100 pages but I have OCD which means when I start reading something I have to finish it. Even if I'm just not into it.

I almost hit a wall this weekend when there was a summer freebie e-book event. I was picky about my downloads and powered through 7 of the 14 I picked up. I've read the good the bad and the ugly these past three weeks. I have 16 books and 2 box sets to go and four days until July and I can start buying again.

Here are the stories I'ved enjoyed the most so far. Get your note pad or  e-readers ready. Some of these are   still free, so get them while they're hot!




*Free

Masters At Arms by Kallypso Masters : This is the into with prequels to the Rescue Me series. I'm hooked. *186 page, m/f bdsm premise,  three story prologues that will suck you in.



*Free
Nobody's Angel by Kallypso Masters :  Just Started. Book 2 Rescue Me series. Honestly, you might as well get it while it's free. Must read intro first. Also free. *362page BDSM m/f with hints of m/f/m ikd yet.





Cajun Hot by Nikita Black: Great stand alone. I can't wait to buy and read Nikita Black's Slave for Love. *162 pages, erotic m/f with some m/f/m




Double Her Fantasy by Randi Alexander : Enjoyed it much more than I expected. Only complaint is I wished it kept going. I wanted to see more of the threesome after HEA. *131 pages, erotic m/f/m (no male touching)



*Free

Through the Wall by Keri Ford : Sweet hot feel good novella that was more on the side of romance.* 53 page novella, lusty romance m/f




Bad Girl Lessons (Gresham County 1) by Seraphina Donavan : LOVED IT 3H, Hot, Heartfelt, Humorous. Was hooked from page one. I enjoyed so thoroughly I can't wait for July 1st so I can buy book 2 Bad Boy Secrets. *116 pages erotic m/f



*Free

Untamed Hunger (Alpha Colony) by Aubrey Ross : Stand out shifter story that felt fresh and different. Ms. Ross goes very sci-fi with her shifters, she refers to as morphs. They are genetically altered in labs and that appeals to me way more than the paranormal conundrum of mysterious or cursed shifters. I hope she kept her term 'morph' throughout her series. 

Short and hot I will be purchasing the next in the series. They are all under 80 pages and set $1.99 which I think is reasonable. *81 pages erotic m/f




*Free

How to Break A Cowboy (Savage Tales) by Daire St. Denis : 3H, HOLY HOT as HELL. DAMN HOT, DOWN LOAD NOW! *83 page f*%#ing erotic m/m/m/f



*Free

Rage and Redemption (Rebel Angels Book 1) by Cyndi Friberg : Romance, with paranormal elements that were fresh and different. I really enjoyed book 1 and I might get book 2. *318 pages, lusty romance m/f




My Wicked Trainers (Club Wicked 3.5) by Ann Mayburn : Super short, super hot, melt your panties under an hour read and only available at Loose-Id. It's a prequel or extra long tease to the next story in Ms.Mayburn's Club Wicked series, My Wicked Gypsy, which she isn't done writing yet!!! 

Needless to say I've been mentally throwing things at Ms. Mayburn every time I think of  all the unfinished everything between Liam and Rory. How could you do that to us you diabolical woman? And yes, of course in the meantime I'll be buying the other stories in the Club Wicked series. Damnit. *Super short, (will read in less than an hour) erotic m/f/m with m/m-ish aspects





Vitamin P by Nichelle Gregory : She had me at scientist takes sex pill. My eyes crossed there is much sex. I may get her novella, Drenched Panties just because I love the title. *113 page super erotica m/f/m with focus on m/f HEA




Jilted Again by Alexandra Andersen : For me it was slow to start but then some interesting twists are thrown in. *185 page tame romance, m/f heroine has sex w/ someone other than hero. 




Being Delightful by Shayne McClendon : LMFAO! So funny. *76 page lusty romance m/f with bonus short story Being More





Obsession by Shayne McClendon : LOVED IT. Couldn't put it down. Sucked me right in and didn't let me go. Loved it. *159 page erotic romance hybrid 70 % story but the 30% lovin is explicit. m/f/m





*Free

Blown by Braxton Cole : LOVED IT, cried at the ending. *77page novella, erotica, m/f


*On Sale $1.99 June Only!

The Dom with a Safeword by Black, Shaw, and Silverword: Book one in the Badass Brats series. *292 page, erotica M/F/f




Silent Surrender by Abigail Barnette: Historical erotica for those sick of contemporary and paranormal. Set in 1841 with an interesting deaf girl plot line, and lots of naughty sex. *119 pages, erotic m/f, m/f/m




Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove) by Tess Dare : Historical romance. I always enjoy Tessa Dare and I loved the crap out of this book. Very funny. *384 pages, lusty romance m/f




Mystery Woman by Amanda Quick (aka; Jayne Ann Krentz, aka; Jayne Castle aka; Over Achiever): As always a great read. For this one Ms. Quick seems to be channeling Sir Authur Conan Doyle. It read very much like Sherlock Holmes. *384 pages, extremely tame m/f



Honorable Mention
*Super Sale $0.99

Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha : Book one in Beyond Series. Read months ago but it's on sale for a steal for a limited time. *354 pages, erotica m/f with some m/f/f and m/f/f/m 


4 comments:

  1. Want to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. I often buy/download books you've recommended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is always great to hear.:) I hope you've enjoyed reading them as much as I have!!

      Delete
  2. I love your recommendations for reading, I can honestly say you haven't steered us wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you! I will be doing a follow up sometime in July for all the books I just downloaded, so hopefully I'll have some more hot reads to recommend!

    ReplyDelete