Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Soundtrack of My Story

There is song that fits every occasion. I believe that strongly. When I was younger I adored music and I always gloried at how a movie could set a mood with just a few strains of a song.

It's playing in your head right now. I know it. 


As I grew older I built soundtracks for my life. Break ups, make ups, special occasions? I had the perfect "playlist" (mix tapes) to commemorate the moment.


The angst of my teen years began with Le Miserables, Metallica, and Green Day--it was a confusing time. Then I moved onto chick rocking Poe, Alanis Morissette, and Sarah McLachlan. At some point my hormonal rage took a swift turn to punk rock, like NOFX, angsty Tool, and classic rock, like the Doors. By nineteen I was obsessed with the blues. I went to all the BB King shows I could, and was in love with Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Jonny Lang.

Camping out and going to concerts was a weekly thing. I valiantly tried not to date a guy just because he played the guitar. 

Listening to a song I played often can take me right back to that time in my life.

Now I tend to make playlists for what I'm writing that turn into that book's soundtrack. I'm sure if you listen to the music while reading my stories you can feel the songs in the rhythm of the written words.

Or maybe that's just nauseatingly poetic thinking on my part. Let's go with it. We've come this far.

With Chasing Delia I listened to a lot of country music mainly Carrie Underwood, Zac Brown, and Luke Bryan. This was very upsetting for my husband who hated the genre. I'd never cared for country music before this. He said he didn't know me anymore, with a very manly pout, and was stone faced about my new music preference for weeks.

Sans the wild hair, this is how he looked when he said it.

By the time I was writing Taming Kat he'd come to an understanding with my new music choice, if not embraced it. For that book I listened to a lot of Blake Shelton, Trace Adkins, and Miranda Lambert. Country in general was almost always playing in the background.

For Mimi Mine things switched gears. A mix of Jack Savoretti, Hozier, George Ezra, and Maroon 5 played at almost all times while I wrote that book. I think listening to Jack Savoretti's Take Me Home album is like getting a glimpse into Mason's soul. The emotion is just fantastic. When I first heard Crazy Fool, I thought, "Holy shit. This song is Mason. This song is my book."



There is so much fun, love, and sexy in this book, but there is also a lot of emotion. I hope readers will be able to feel that when they read this one.

Excerpt:

I'm yours, she'd said...what a heady statement.
He wondered if she had any idea how her words affected him. How irrational they made him. Like they gave him the right to wrap her up and keep her forever. They may have just been words in the heat of the moment. He doubted she'd be so willing to make the same claim when all their clothes were on.
The only way to keep her was to make her want to stay with him. For now he needed to make up for his rough treatment of her. Not because she hadn't loved it. He knew she had. That didn't stop him from feeling guilty. He needed her to feel how much he loved her. To know she was cherished.
Starting at her ankle he kissed up one silky leg then the other. Working his way up her stomach. He worshiped at her breasts before moving down her arms. He kissed, nibbled, and bit as moans hummed from her throat. Only then did he move on to gently lap at her honeyed core until she tore at his hair, her thighs quivering against his hands, her liquid heat spilling over his tongue and fingers.  
Let me love you, his body cried with every kiss. Every touch. Every mingled breath as his mouth hovered over hers. Let me love you.
This time when he covered her, he slid in slowly and savored the way her sweet her body gripped him. How she arched as her breath hitched in her throat. The way her toes curled into his calves and thighs each time he pushed into her glorious heat. The way his name fell from her parted lips as she came, her nails digging into his shoulders.
His own orgasm snuck up on him, pouring out of him as shudders wracked his body. He felt like he'd lost a chunk of his soul in that orgasm. Maybe he had. He still felt scared he was going to lose Mimi.
As if knowing he needed it, Mimi's limbs twined around him. Holding him tight.
Neither of them spoke or broke apart as he eased them to their sides, afraid he was crushing her. His heart beat mine as they lay wrapped in each others embrace until sleep swept them under.


Mason Coleman hasn’t been living. He’s been existing day to day. Ever since an accident took his family, he’s thrown himself into proving he deserved to survive. Now, ten years later, he’s built a multi-million dollar business, but has nothing to show for his personal life.
He’s ready to feel alive again, and he knows just the woman to help him. Too bad she’s his employee. She also carries secrets that are about to shake everything he thought he knew about women.
Being a single mother has not afforded Mimi Westfall many dating opportunities. In fact, she’s pretty sure Mr. Right took a wrong turn somewhere, and she’s destined to live a life devoted to her showerhead.
When her fantasies about her delectable boss commanding her and putting her over his desk to spank her naughty bottom start happening for real, she’s not sure if she should thank her lucky stars or run for the hills.
*Author's Note: Mimi Mine is an erotic romance novel that includes explicit sex, spanking, BDSM elements, anal play, and anal sex. If such material offends you, this book may not be for you.

BUY LINKS:

AMAZON

AMAZON UK

No comments:

Post a Comment