Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hang-fucking-over Inducing





Have you read this book? Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan

I ask because I'm one of the few people who hadn't read this book, until recently. It's a Sons Of Anarchy, MC (motorcycle club) type non-romantic romance, perfect for the jaded girls that at sixteen sneaked smokes, stole their brothers clothes, listened to Led Zeppelin and probably still regularly carry a pocket knife....And sported some serious wet panties around bad boy assholes that were generally hotter the more damaged they were. 


He's their poster boy.


 Had I really truly understood that, I may have read it sooner.

 I've had an unread sample of it on Princess Buttercup (my kindle) since December 2012, when the book was released. I had every intention of reading it until I was distracted by something shiny. 



Frankly I adored the blurb, which begins with a warning label,

Warning: This is not a typical, sappy love story. This is an all-consuming, soul-crushing, tear-your-heart-into-pieces story. It's intense, gritty and raw, dark and disturbing, and it doesn't happen overnight. This is an epic love story that knows no boundaires and has no time limits. It grows and develops-- with hurt, sacrifice, and heartache--over the span of a lifetime.....

But I waffled, then got distracted.




Over the year I've seen it many times in passing. There was too much hype. Too many mainstream reviewers buzzing about it. Undeniable had become so mainstream that it had completely lost my attention, until recently when Mandi from SmexyBooks.com called it horrifying and admitted she felt guilty for liking this book. 

Mandi is a sweet romance and spicy urban fantasy reviewer. Although I enjoy some of her reviews, our taste in literature don't normally coincide. I knew if she felt guilty for enjoying this book, I was probably going to love it. 

Which I did.

It fucking wrecked me. 

Admittedly, Undeniable is supremely fucked up. I think that is half of why I loved it so much. Madeline Sheehan holds no punches. The characters are intriguing like a beautiful catastrophe. You may like them, you may even love them, but you will hate, HATE so many of their actions. Yet you will not be able to walk away from this book once you start reading.

This book is like the Long Island iced tea of literature. You can suck the whole thing down in one sitting, not realizing you're going to be fucked up for hours after you've finished it. 

 I stayed up until nearly four in the morning reading this book. My eyes were glued open like a thirteen year old boy seeing his first pair of titties. The Hulk couldn't have have pried me away with a stick. I've had two days since finishing this book to process and I can't move on to another book. I'm still mentally replaying the brigade of what the fuck, scenes I just read. 

I think it's safe to say fuck was a running theme through my head the entire time I was reading this story. Holy Fuck, What The Fuck, Fuckin Fuck, Oh Fuck, I ran through them all. Many times. 

So many great quotes in this book. Eva gives a speech about wild pussy that is hilarious and made me want to stand up and cheer. Deuce is the epitome of fucking asshole, but the shit he says bleeds raw emotion. I loved him one moment for how adamantly he demands women be protected but then hate him for how he treats those same women. 

Now that I've read the book I'm actually a little surprised there is a book two Unbeautifully, which features two main secondary characters from Undeniable. Book three Unattainable newly released, book four is in the works.

I had felt complete closure when reading the epilogue. It gave me the warm fuzzies I needed after the shit storm of turmoil that is the rest of the story. It also really closed out the stories of a few of the other secondary characters....I thought. 

Honestly, I wasn't even going to look up what or who the other book was about. I didn't want to taint the awesomeness of this book with a story that may be just another version of what I feel is an untoppable book. Different characters, likely the same shit. 

Wasn't. Going. To do it. 



Then I looked up the cover image for this post and there it was. Unbeautifully's cover with the character pairing and my mind screamed, WHAT. THE. FUCK. 

I of course downloaded it and I started reading it as soon as I finished typing this post. These books fall into a category all their own and are competitively priced at $2.99 in e-form. Whoever set the pricing on these is kind of brilliant. No matter why you may be waffling about getting the book, you're going to think to yourself, Fuck it. For $3 why not? ::click and buy::

 332 pages

Warning: This book contains subject matter that may induce the reader to think and say the word FUCK repeatedly, and in many forms. For days. Lots of vulgar language, strong violence and tons of super offensive shit. (trust me, you still want to read it) Reader discretion is highly advised. 


Thank You Madeline Sheehan!

For more on Madeline Sheehan please visit her @ http://www.madelinesheehan.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment