Friday, November 21, 2014

My Characters--Their Spanking is Different Than Mine


One of my longtime besties is in the midst of reading my book Chasing Delia. She just sent me a text, Is Kat me? (Kat is Delia's best friend and heroine of Taming Kat--coming this January)

This made me chuckle. No. In fact Kat's personality is more like mine than any of my characters, yet she's still completely different.

All my characters are uniquely their own people. My heroes aren't my dream men. They're my heroines' dream men. What they want from their hero isn't necessarily what I want from mine. 

I didn't realize how much my characters were their own people until I wrote a post on Humiliation vs. Ownership. (the post just after this one) What I write is often quite different from the dark subject matter I usually read. How I felt about both humiliation and ownership and what I'm into would be horrifying to my H/h in Chasing Delia.

Jake wouldn't want to make Delia feel humiliated by a spanking. He is a super loving spanker. Delia is so submissive she has to work at getting a back bone. She would never dream of doing anything purposely just to get spanked. (yet) They're in the beginning of their spanking relationship and just figuring things out. Their spankings are about arousal, but also personal growth.

 Here's a spanking excerpt from Chasing Delia:


Settling into position she jumped a little when his ran his hand down her bottom, filling her body with aching awareness. He chuckled, “I'm going to spank you now, star shine.”

I know.” Her voice was small and shook more from longing than fear.

Do you know why?”

I, uuh,” She had some thoughts as to why, but damned if she could think when his hand caressed down her thigh and back up to gently explore her heat.

I'm going to spank you for pulling away from me, when you should have told me what was going on in that mind of yours, Del. I'm going to spank you because I know you like it. And dammit Del, I going to spank you cause I've been dreaming of it since the first time I had you spread out across my lap.”

The last part came out as a growl. His palm landed sharply on her bottom, hard enough to rock her forward. He pulled back and peppered her again and again. She cried out. Bracing herself, she clung to the sheets. The spanking was definitely more punishing than the first one, but that didn't stop the heat of each strike from going straight to her core. Back and forth, left, then right. He struck each cheek in equal measure, with stinging force. If he held back she couldn't tell. Her bottom was a throbbing mass. She could feel the tears track down the side of her face, yet she held her bottom up in the air for each strike he delivered, silently begging for more. She felt once again overwhelmed and confused by the lust his spanking invoked. She wanted to be punished, she would have begged to be punished.

Chasing Delia

With the delivery of one Dear John letter and a set of divorce papers, Delia Myers is on a her way to self discovery. First stop: Embracing she's a terrible judge of character. Especially when it comes to men.

Jake Forrester is a small town cop, who is beyond charming, and hunky enough to have every female in a hundred mile radius panting after him. Basically everything she is trying to avoid. Too bad he's been determined to chase after her from the second he's laid eyes on her oversized floral granny panties.

She may run, but can she hide from love?

Warning; Contains one no-good, cheating ex-husband, a heroine with a propensity to make a run for it, and a hero that has a new found love for spanking a certain sassy woman who runs from him.


  Amazon
Nook 
Thank you for stopping by! Happy reading!!

2 comments: